If you missed the concept and explanation of my Making List, you can check out my first post for more details. Essentially, it's a way for me to focus my energies on the projects that are most important to me and feel less scattered/overwhelmed about my making.
The following items from my original Making List have been completed or cast on:
- Saturday Matinee Socks - finished
- Rainbow Leyburn Socks - finished, but as a different pair of socks that I started!
- Lopi Pullover - cast on
- Fen Dress - finished
- Watson Bra - finished
- Wiksten Tank 2 - failed, but attempted before throwing in the towel!
I also practiced my spinning with some fiber from my stash.
Since my priorities are shifting with the seasonal change, along with my current break from design work, I've updated my Making List to reflect my focus for fall.
I am hibernating my Miss Babs Cardigan design WIP for now, since it's not grabbing my attention. But it's there when I want it!
- White British Wool - I destashed the yarn I was planning on using for the Brookdale Vest, which was originally in my last CO list. I'm hoping to spin this into a Brookdale-suitable yarn!
- Spun Right Round Merino
- Malabrigo Nube
- 2nd Watson Bra
- Flannel shirt for Mark
- Serger projects, if I can get over my fears and teach myself how to use my serger!
In addition to my original Making List 'rules', I have added these two for fall:
- Cast on for new items after finishing the previous object in that category. IE, finish a garment before casting on a new one; finish a portable accessory before casting on a new one. Same principle for starting spinning and sewing projects.
- Use stash for everything possible. In this case, I had to purchase a second skein of BFL Sport for my mom's shawl (to go with one from my stash), and I'll need to buy fabric for Mark's flannel shirt. But everything else I have stashed!