I'm back from my self-imposed 'winter vacation' (reduced social media presence and less design knitting), which was great! I really enjoyed the extra time to relax, work on some personal projects, and play Rise of the Tomb Raider. I know, I'm behind in my video game releases. I don't even try to play things right when they come out, I just get to them when I get to them! Like Fallout 4, which I still haven't finished... Any gamers in the audience, by the way? Comment and tell me your faves!
Ok, back to knitting which is what most of you are here for! At the beginning of 2016, I was working part-time in order to devote more time to my design business in hopes of growing it. Then I was offered a promotion to a full-time position and I decided to take it, which threw quite the wrench in my business plans for the year. Ultimately, I'm really satisfied to be back in the workforce and I'm proud of what I was able to accomplish this year as a nights-and-weekends-only designer.
- I released 11 self-published designs and saw 11 designs released from third parties for a grand total of 22 new designs!
Self published designs:
Third party designs:
- I ran another successful Instagram KAL in conjunction with Spun Right Round in the fall.
- I started my weekly newsletter.
- I grew my Instagram following to 1k.
- I hired Knit Fitch to design my beautiful new logo & brand package.
- And I came up with some great creative content this year, like EmSweWeMo and hosting my first ever sweater auction for charity.
I have a bad habit of never feeling like I am doing enough, but looking back at 2016: I did enough. I did MORE than enough.
What are you hoping to see from me in 2017? I have some ideas up my sleeve, but I'm also open to suggestion!